The World Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases (WSPID) invites you to take part in a photography competition being organized in conjunction with the 7th WSPID Congress to be held in Melbourne. The competition is open to all congress attendees; both amateur and professional photographers. The photographs will be judged in the following categories:
A) Non-clinical photographs of a child/children
B) Clinical photographs of a child/children relating to the subject of pediatric infectious diseases
Winners will receive:
The winners will be announced at WSPID 2011 in Melbourne.
Photography Competition Opens: July 3, 2011
Submission Deadline: October 17, 2011
Rules and Procedures
- The photography should represent children from across the world.
- All photographs should be submitted using the competition form by October 17, 2011
- There will be two winners, one in each category.
- Winners will be chosen by the committee by October 31, 2011. All winners will be notified by email and publicly announced at WSPID 2011 in Melbourne in the exhibition area where the photographs will be displayed.
- Winners will receive a free registration to WSPID 2013 in Cape Town and have their photograph published in the Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health.
- The photographs will credit the winner and may be used as stand alone images, or as a Picture of the Month.
- No photographs will be published without receiving prior permission from the photographer.