ABSTRACT submission IS NOW CLOSED
ABSTRACT notification: by december 10, 2008
- Abstracts must be submitted via this website only.
Please follow the instructions listed on the website step-by-step.
- Abstracts will be selected by the Scientific Committee for poster presentation only.
- Images, tables, diagrams and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPG format only. Other file types cannot be accepted. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published (e.g. in the official congress publications, program, website, etc.).
- Abstracts will be published in a Pain Practice supplement and they will be published online.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Registration should be received at the Secretariat no later than December 20, 2008. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by December 20, 2008 will be scheduled for poster presentation and included in the congress publications.
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other congress prior to the 5th World Congress World Institute of Pain – WIP.
- Abstracts must be submitted in and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline date will not be considered.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat. Should you wish to amend an abstract after submission please contact the Secretariat at email@example.com
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone number
2. Author and co-authors' details
· Full first and family name(s).
· Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
4. Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended for the following reasons:
a: You will not be able to see the abstract after pressing the Submit button
b: You will not have a copy
c: You cannot check the number of words
5. Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and Aims
6. Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
7. Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
8. Abstract category– abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories please click here.
9. Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
10. Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPG format only.
11. Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Presenting authors will be notified by December 10, 2008 regarding the status of their abstract.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
ABSTRACTS SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED