Proposal for a Symposium (or other group proposal)
Each proposal needs to be sent to:
Dr. Roy Levin - email@example.com
Prof. Dr Kevan Wylie - firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Alain Giami - email@example.com
To propose a Symposium/ other group proposal for the WAS Congress in Glasgow in June 2011 the following information is essential :
1. Subject/Title of Symposium (or other group proposal)
2. Proposed duration (1-2 hours)
3. Proposed number of speakers (aim for a minimum of three up to a maximum of five, each speaking once)
4. Names, affiliations, full postal address and email of participants (with brief CV up to 150 words)
5. Proposed title of each speaker’s talk (with brief abstract)
6. Duration of each speaker’s talk (maximum of 30 minutes)
7. Possible Chair of Symposium
8. Once the Symposium is officially accepted, each speaker will have to submit his/ her abstract via a special link
which will be provided under separate cover (not via the regular abstract submission), and register to the
Congress. When submitting your abstract, please make sure to mark the category as "Symposium".
9. We are experimenting in this congress by asking each speaker to prepare a few ‘Take Home Messages
(THM’s) in relation to his/ her talk. So please add to the abstract 1-4 brief THM’s. Thank you for your
co-operation with this.
Please make sure that when you send in your proposal that all these necessary details are included.
The brief abstract, CV and THM’s are for the applications for possible CME approval (needed for every 15 minutes of the Congress!).
Unfortunately the Congress is working to a fixed budget and all the available finances are now committed so that any symposium/group proposal has to be self-funded.
The Local Scientific Committee will, however, try and help in any areas other than finance.
Dr Roy Levin
Executive Chair Local Scientific Committee WAS Congress Glasgow 2011
Dr Alain Giami
President WAS Scientific Committee