The European Academy of Paediatrics (EAP)
is the specialist section of paediatrics of the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) of the member countries of the European Union (EU) and the European Free Trade Association (EFTA). It is governed by the provisions of these statutes, grouping together paediatricians without regard to their field, their mode of practice or their legal situation.
- To study, promote and guarantee a comparably high quality of paediatric care, that is the medical care of children and adolescents up to the completion of growth and development.
- To ensure a high standard of paediatric training in the member countries.
- To guarantee at international level the title of the paediatrician and his or her professional status in society.
- To establish closer bonds between the national professional paediatric organisations, grouping together paediatricians in all fields, to support and coordinate their actions.
- To contribute to the creation or maintenance of solidarity between European paediatricians incorporating in particular paediatric sub-specialists.
- To study, promote and guarantee before international authorities the free movement and the moral and material interests of European paediatricians.
- To spread information to medical bodies, professional organisations, paediatric scientific societies as well as to national governments and supranationals as part of the EU.
- To organise exchanges of information by whatever means are adequate on professional subjects concerning paediatrics and paediatric subspecialties.