Deadline for Submission: April 3, 2009
EASL is pleased to invite you to submit abstracts for consideration for Poster Presentation at the upcoming EASL Monothematic Conference, Primary Sclerosing Cholangitis, Oslo, Norway, June 21-23, 2009. The Conference Program and Abstract Book will include abstracts of invited lectures and of accepted poster presentations.
The deadline for the submission of abstracts is April 3, 2009. Abstracts can be submitted through the Conference Website only. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted.
All accepted abstracts will be in POSTER format. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Please note that abstract content may be edited at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
Should you wish to amend an abstract after submission please contact the Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Amendments after April 3, 2009 will not be accepted.
Rules for Submission
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by May 7, 2009 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the Program and Abstract Book.
- The Organizing Committee will review abstracts and information regarding acceptance, and scheduling will be sent to the corresponding author.
Guidelines for Submission of Abstracts
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details; include full mailing address, office hours, phone number, email address and fax number.
- Author or authors' names: initial(s) of first name(s), family name (e.g. J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details of all authors: Department; Institution / Hospital; City; State (if relevant); Country.
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and is limited to 25 words.
- Table or graph which you wish to include in the abstract. Images should be submitted in JPG/BMP format, maximum width 9cm, and resolution up to 150dpi. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Abstract text – limited to 350 words including acknowledgements (fewer if a figure is included in the abstract).
Abstracts should be as informative as possible and must use the following structured format:
- Background and aims
- Conclusions (avoid evasive statements like "the findings will be discussed").
Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
We recommend using word-processing software (for example Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended:
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE SAME ABSTRACT.
If you are unable to submit abstracts via the website, please contact the Secretariat via Email: email@example.com
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY FAX OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Abstract Submission is Now Closed