Guidelines for the Submission of Abstracts
Late Breaking abstract submission is now closed.
For the list of abstract topics, please click here.
Deadline for receipt of abstracts: Tuesday, February 28, 2013
Participants interested in presenting an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee and may be accepted for oral presentation, poster presentation or rejected.
Submission of Abstracts
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
Rules for Submission
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
Guidelines for Submission
Abstract submission is limited to ONE abstract per presenter.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Authors and co-authors' details -
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution/hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text - Limited to 250 words
(Please note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
- Tables - A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows X 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images - It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 50 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included.
The maximum size of each graph/image is 500KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Abstract Submitters' declaration
Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
- I, the Abstract Submitter, confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract can not be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- I, the Abstract Submitter, warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the 9th International Congress on Mental Dysfunctions & Other Non-Motor Features in Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders - MDPD 2013 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organisers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
I, the Abstract Submitter, grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.