application for scholarships and best young investigator award is now closed
Scholarships for Attendance
A limited number of travel scholarships will be awarded to applicants from developing countries who meet identified criteria at the discretion of the MASCC 2012 Awards Committee to attend the 2012 International Symposium.
All applications must be received by February 15, 2012.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, the applicant must:
- Work and live in a country of “limited resources".
- Be an oncology health care professional: physician, nurse, social worker, pharmacist, dentist, dental hygienist, psychologist or other.
- Have a professional focus of supportive cancer care.
- Sign an honor that he/she will not be able to attend the Symposium without benefit of a travel scholarship.
The recipient of the Scholarship will be selected by the MASCC 2012 Awards Committee based upon:
- Applicant's goals for the meeting;
- Applicant's plans for sharing information from the meeting;
- Current and past MASCC Membership and activities;
Applicants will be notified via email if their application for the Scholarship has been accepted, by March 31, 2012.
MASCC 2012 Young Investigator of the Year Award
Awards for outstanding abstracts submitted by Young Investigators will be announced at the MASCC 2012 International Symposium, Supportive Care in Cancer in NYC, NY.
Candidates can be of any profession and from any country.
To be eligible for the MASCC 2012 Young Investigator Award, the applicant must:
- Be 40 years of age, or younger;
- Be in training or in practice for 2 years or less;
- Have an his/her submitted abstract ranked in the top 20% of all accepted abstracts;
- Have not received a previous Young Investigator Award
The top MASCC 2012 candidate is chosen to receive the Young Investigator of the Year Award, and in addition to presenting a Poster, will be asked to give an Oral Presentation at the MASCC 2012 Symposium in the Session that correlates with their subject area.