Speakers' Ready Room
A speakers' ready room, will be available every day throughout the congress, for invited speakers and oral presenters.
Audiovisual Equipment (Standard equipment)
If using a Powerpoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note that you need to bring it on a CD, a DVD or a “disk on key” Memory stick (using the USB port in the computer) and load it on one of the congress’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room, at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Please note that the congress’ computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows 7 and Office 2010.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC ).
3. Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
You may use your own Macintosh laptop computer as a back-up. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please note that VHS Video projection, 35 mm’ slide projection and overhead projection (projection of transparencies) will not be available.
Poster Board size: 1.80 meters wide x 1 meter high (Landscape style)
Please ensure that the poster does not exceed the stated size.
- Each poster will be on display for 1 day. Poster presenters will need to check the programme to see the exact date on which their poster is to be displayed as well as the poster board number assigned to the poster.
- Posters should be mounted by 09:00 hours on the day on which they are scheduled to be presented and must be removed by 18:00 hours on the same day.
- Presenters are required to stand next to their posters during the designated lunch-time poster walks session as well as during the morning and afternoon coffee breaks, for informal discussions, on their scheduled day.
- Presenters of posters scheduled for display on Thursday, April 25 must stand next to their posters during the Inaugural Poster Session to be held immediately after lunch.
- Posters should be brought to the congress by the authors. Please do not mail them to the Secretariat.
The organizers are not responsible for any posters that have not been removed by the end of the sessions on the day in which they have been scheduled.
Instructions for the preparation of Posters
- Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several smaller sheets.
- It is recommended that your poster be 1.80 meters wide x 1 meter high (Landscape Style)
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Double-sided tape will be available in the poster area for hanging of posters.