LATE-BREAKER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION OPENS FEBRUARY 25, 2013
Late-breaking abstracts submission: February 25 - March 4, 2013 (Deadline March 4, 2013 midnight (00:00 CET).
EASL Protocol for Late-breaker abstract submission:
A late-breaking abstract should contain new information that was not yet known or fully available by the abstract submission deadline, November 26, 2012. The data in the abstract must not be published prior to the meeting.
The late-breaking abstract deadline is not an extension of the abstract submission deadline.
Late-breaking abstracts require a submission fee of Euro 100.00 per abstract to be paid upon submission.
This payment is non-refundable and is related to abstract submission only. It has no bearing on registration and does not guarantee that the abstract will be accepted for presentation at the International Liver CongressTM 2013.
Only late-breaking abstracts received with payment will be forwarded to the scientific committee for their consideration.
Notification regarding late-breaking abstract’s status (accepted or rejected) will be sent to the presenting author of the abstract by: Mid-March 2013.
Please note that you will need to complete the payment form in order to access the submission form. Payment can be made by credit card only.
Please click on the link at the bottom of this page to access the payment procedure. At the end of the payment process you will immediately receive an “Access Key” and a “Payment Reference number” as well as a link for the actual abstract submission form.
The “Access Key” and the “Payment Reference” numbers will also be sent to you by automatic e-mail.
Please insert these numbers in the relevant fields of your abstract submission form.
Guidelines for submission of abstracts
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details; include full mailing address, office hours phone number and email address and fax number
- Presentation type preference (poster presentation / oral presentation)
- Author or authors' names: initial(s) of first name(s), family name (e.g. J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details of all authors: Department; Institution / Hospital; City; State/Province (if relevant); Country
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and is limited to 25 words
- Table or graph which you wish to include in the abstract. Images should be submitted in JPG format and resolution up to 150dpi. The maximum file size of each graph is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Abstract text – limited to 350 words including acknowledgements (fewer if a figure is included in the abstract)
Abstracts should be as informative as possible and must use the following structured format:
- Background and aims
- Conclusions (avoid evasive statements like "the findings will be discussed".
Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
We recommend using word-processing software (for example Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended:
a: You will not be able to see the abstract after pressing the Submit button
b: You will not receive a copy of your abstract so please save your abstract according for your records
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE SAME ABSTRACT.
If you are unable to submit abstracts via the website, please contact the Secretariat.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY FAX OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
LATE-BREAKER ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED