FEMS GRANTS SUBMISSION NOW CLOSED: SUBMITTERS WILL BE NOTIFIED IF THEY HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL FOR A GRANT AFTER WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22
FEMS provides 200 grants for European Young Scientists to support their attendance at the 3rd FEMS Congress of European Microbiologists, 2009 June 28-July 2, Gothenburg, SWEDEN. About 20 grants are provided to support non-European young scientists.
The amounts of the Grants are 400, 500 or 600 EUR (depending on the travel distance).
A young scientist intending to participate at the FEMS Microbiology Congress should:
- Be a member of a FEMS Member Society;
- Be younger than 36 years of age at the closing date of the meeting; Please scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax a copy of your passport to the Secretariat to +41 22 732 2850 when submitting your form.
- Be a working microbiologist;
- Be the presenting author of an accepted abstract and attend the congress;
- Applications which are not completed will not be handled.
Online Application Form - Click here to submit
Submit an application when sending the abstract.
If an abstract has already been submitted a grant application can still be supplied until the closing date of: March 9, 2009.
Please scan and email to email@example.com or fax the CV, Letter of recommendation, photograph and copy of your passport to +41 22 732 2850. Faxed material should clearly indicate that it is intended for the 3rd FEMS Congress. Please indicate of which FEMS Society you are a member.
Alternatively, you can mail them by post to: 3rd FEMS Congress Secretariat, 1-3 rue de Chantepoulet, Geneva 1211, Switzerland. Please allow adequate time before the deadline for the materials to arrive.
- Young Scientists receiving a grant will also be entitled to register at a reduced rate of 350 Euro.
- Grantees who do not attend the congress will not be given the grant.