Abstract Submission is now closed.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted as free communications or poster presentations with consideration to be given to the author’s preference.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
Only the abstracts of registered presenting authors will be included in the final programme and on the Abstract CD. Abstracts accepted for presentation will be published on the website prior to the Congress.
BEST FREE PAPERS (RESIDENTS ONLY) COMPETITION
Papers may be submitted for the ESRA BEST FREE PAPERS (RESIDENTS ONLY) competition. All accepted abstracts will automatically be considered.
BEST POSTER COMPETITION
All accepted and presented posters will automatically be considered for the BEST POSTER AWARDS.
IMPORTANT NOTE - ETHICS COMMITTEE APPROVAL
Only work that has received local animal or human ethics committee approval as appropriate will be considered for presentation and publication. A statement indicating ethics committee approval has been granted should be incorporated into the abstract and you will be requested to confirm that approval has been applied for/granted before you submit your abstract. Abstracts which have not received approval will not be accepted.
The only exception when ethical committee approval is not required is when a review of the literature is performed without recruiting patients, either retrospectively or prospectively. If this is the case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Abstracts should be submitted only via the online submission form at the link below. Abstracts submitted by fax will not be accepted.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by Tuesday, July 13, 2010 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the Program and on the Abstract CD.
- The first author is expected to attend the congress and present the poster or free communication.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details -
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
2. Author and co-authors' details -
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Presentation type
please choose one of the following:
- Poster Presentation
- Free Presentation
- Best Free Paper (Residents Only)
4. Abstract title
limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
5. Abstract text
limited to 300 words
(Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
6. Abstract Layout
Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Background and aims
7. Abstract topic
abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose from the list of topics.
A maximum of 1 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
9. Graphs and images 10. Draft abstracts
It is important to note that an image included in the abstract is worth 50 words. A maximum of 1 image can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.