Kindly note that registrations for ESRA 2009 diploma exams parts I and II are now closed.
CERTIFIED ESRA DIPLOMA ON REGIONAL ANAESTHESIA
Prerequisites for eligibility:
- Written candidate’s certification: performance of at least:
100 central blocks, 50 upper limb blocks and 50 lower
(Certification should be written by your programme director/head of department)
- ESRA membership
- Certificate of Attendance from at least two ESRA workshops (National or European) during the last three years: cadaver workshop (mandatory); hands-on; ultrasound or animal
How it works
- First Year - Written Exam
100 Multiple choice questions to be answered within 2 hours
Topics: anatomy, pharmacology, central blocks, peripheral blocks, obstetric regional anaesthesia, paediatric regional anaesthesia, acute pain, material e.g. basic knowledge of the use of a nerve stimulator, ultrasound.
- Second year - Practical Exam (only after passing the written exam)
20 minutes exam on simulator and/or models
When and Where
XXVIII Annual ESRA Congress, Salzburg, Austria
September 9-12, 2009
Participants wishing to take the Part 1 Written Exam must met the Qualifying requisites as outlined above. Those participants who have already successfully passed the written exam and wish to complete the Part 2 Practical Exam may also do so at the XXVIII Annual ESRA congress in Salzburg. When you register for the ESRA 2009 Congress it will give you an option to also register for the exam
Please note you may only take the exam if you have registered to attend the congress
Fee: €100 Euro - €50 per Exam/Year
For participation choose either option A or B where applicable when completing your online registration to the congress.
WHAT IF YOU FAIL?
Unsuccessful participants of either the written or practical part can retake the exam the following year - fees will be applicable again in order to retake.
ESRA DIPLOMA FAQ
Do I qualify for the ESRA exam?
Recognized meetings are:
- ESRA Cadaver Workshops (in Innsbruck or during Annual ESRA Congresses) 2007, 2008, 2009
- ESRA Winter Week 2007, 2008, 2009
- ESRA Cadaver Workshops organized by RAGBI 2007, 2008, 2009
- Workshops at ESRA Zonal Meetings 2007, 2008, 2009
How do I become a member of ESRA?
Do I have to wait a year between taking Part 1 and Part 2?
Can I take the exam without attending the Annual Congress?
When can I take the ESRA Diploma Part 1 Exam?
If you have any questions, please contact the ESRA Society by email at: email@example.com