ORAL PRESENTATIONS | POSTER PRESENTATIONS
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF ORAL PRESENTATIONS
If using a Powerpoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note you need
to bring it on a CD, a DVD or on a “disk on key” Memory stick (using the USB port in the
computer) and load it on one of the conference’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room,
at least 1 hour before the start of the session. You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Please note that the conference computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows XP and Office XP (at least).
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC ).
3. Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
You may use your own Macintosh laptop computer as a back-up. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please note that VHS Video projection, 35 mm’ slide projection and overhead projection (projection of transparencies) will not be available.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PREPARATION OF POSTERS
Please prepare your poster on one sheet of cardboard. Alternatively presenters may display their material on several smaller sheets.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90 cm wide x 120 cm high.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters.
- Please refer to the Final Programme for the poster number assigned to you.
Please use the board with the same number.