Abstract Submission has closed.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION guidelines
Abstracts should be submitted only via the online submission link. Only abstracts submitted via the website of the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies Annual Meeting 2012 (EANS 2012), by July 4, 2012 will be sent to the Scientific Committee for review. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact the EANS 2012 Secretariat. Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted. Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract. You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been forwarded for review, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Refer to the abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors, who have paid their registration fees by September 3, 2012 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the EANS 2012 Final Program.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the European Association of Neurosurgical Societies Annual Meeting 2012 (Hereafter: “The Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
4. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
5. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
· Full first and family name(s).
· Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements. (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included.) We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word
appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract category – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need
to select the topic most suited to your abstract. To preview the topics please click here.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words.
A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only. Please note that graphs and images may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.