It is my pleasure to cordially invite you to Bratislava, located on the banks of the river Danube. A culturally rich and historically significant city, Bratislava has in the past decades played an active role in the field of neurosurgery. The city has hosted many international neurosurgical events and we are delighted to now welcome neurosurgeons from all
over Europe and the world to the EANS Annual Meeting 2012, October 24-27.
The invited lectures, free papers, posters and oral-poster presentations will cover recent achievements and new perspectives in the following areas:
- Technical improvements that reveal neural anatomy and physiology of neural structures affected by pathological processes and endangered by surgical interventions,
- Novel therapies for brain tumours,
- Preservation of spine, spinal cord structures and their functions during surgical treatment of tumours and degenerative diseases,
- Functional surgery of brain and spinal cord.
Abstract Submission Topics will include:
- Functional neuroimaging
- Surgery of gliomas of the eloquent areas
- Intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring
- Microsurgery and endoscopy of skull base tumours
- Tumours of the sellar region
- Intraoperative imaging
- Vascular problems in tumour surgery
- Surgery of cerebral aneurysms and AVMs
- Radiosurgery of tumours and vascular malformations
- Functional neurosurgery
- Spinal surgery (techniques preserving biomechanics of the spine)
- Spinal cord surgery
We are thrilled to have the opportunity to organize a memorable event from both the scientific and social points of view. We look forward to welcoming you in Bratislava!
Prof. Juraj Šteno