Second Round Abstract Submission is now closed. See you in Budapest!
Deadline for abstract submission: 21st January, 2013.
First round abstract deadline: November 14th, 2013. Extended abstract deadline: December 2nd, 2013
Participants interested in presenting an oral or poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee and may be accepted for oral presentation, poster presentation or rejected.
For the list of Abstract Topics please click here.
CORA 2013 YOUNG INVESTIGATORS Awards
We are pleased to announce that the top scored abstracts selected for Oral and Poster presentation will be considered and competitively scored during the Congress. The few selected prize winners will be announced and awarded EUR 500 each during the Closing & Awards Ceremony on Saturday, April 6, 2013.
Selected abstracts will be notified before the congress if their abstract is being considered for an award. The presenting author must be present at the closing ceremony in order to receive the award.
Judgment criteria will be based on:
Presenting authors must be < 40 years of age
- Scientific content
- Structure of the abstract
- Ability to defend the paper/results during the question time from the audience (for oral presentation)
submission OF ABSTRACTS
- Only abstracts submitted via the online submission form will be sent to the Abstract Review Committee for review.
- Abstracts submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final form of presentation.
- You will receive confirmation that your abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact the Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Committee for review. Notifications regarding status will be sent once the review process is complete.
Rules for submission
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
The presenting author is expected to attend the Congress and present the poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors, who have paid their registration fees by January 15, 2013 will be scheduled for presentation and included in the CORA 2013 Final Programme.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to
All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details -
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
(Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 50 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Abstract Submitters' Declaration
Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
- I, the Abstract Submitter, confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract can not be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- I, the Abstract Submitter, warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the Controversies in Rheumatology & Autoimmunity and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organisers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
I, the Abstract Submitter, grant the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organisers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract