PREPARATION OF POSTERS
Please note the following information for the preparation of your poster:
- Please prepare your poster to fit the dimensions below, it is recommended that poster be prepared on one sheet of cardboard.
- The dimensions of the poster should not exceed 90 cm (3') wide x 120cm (4') high
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc. should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Double sided tape and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters. Staff will also be in the poster area to assist you.
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the hanging of posters.
- Please refer to the Final Programme book that you will receive upon arrival at the Conference for the poster board number assigned to you.
- Please use the board with the same number.
Should you wish, A4 envelopes are available to place reprints of your poster or relevant material. These are available upon request from on-site staff.
Poster Presenters have been allocated one hour during one coffee break during which they are requested to be present by their designated poster board(s) to answer questions and for informal discussion.
Morning Coffee Breaks - Odd poster board numbers
Afternoon Coffee Breaks - Even Poster Nubmers
Posters should be displayed as per the date and the poster board nubmer in the Final Program. Posters are to be mounted from 07:30 on your assigned day, and dismounted by the conclusion of sessions on the same day. The Organizing Committee will not be responsible for posters that are not removed on time.
Poseters will be on disply on three days:
Poster Session A&B - Thursdy, May 26
Poster Session C&D - Friday, May 27
Poster Session E&F - Saturday, May 28
Oral Presentation Instructions
All Invited, Sponsored and Free Communication speakers are requested to submit their presentations to the Speakers’ Ready Room at least 1 hour before the start of your session.
The Speakers’ Ready Room will be clearly sign posted at the congress.
Speakers' Ready Room Opening Hours:
Wednesday, mAY 25
tHURSDAY, mAY 26
fRIDAY, mAY 27
sATURDAY, mAY 28
If using a PowerPoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a CD, a DVD or on a “disk on key” Memory stick ( using the USB port in the computer) and load it on one of the congress’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room, at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Please note that the congress’ computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows XP and Office 2007.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC ).
3. Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
You may use your own Macintosh laptop computer as a back-up. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please note that VHS Video projection, 35 mm’ slide projection and Overhead projection (projection of transparencies) will not be available.