Abstract Submission is now closed.
Only abstracts of presenting authors who have registered by Thursday, January 24, 2013 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- The presenting author must be listed as the first author.
- Submitted abstracts should include non-published data.
- Abstracts previously presented will not be accepted.
- All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Please submit symbols as words.
- All abstracts accepted for presentation will be published on the Conference website prior to the Conference.
- The abstracts of the Conference will be published online as a supplement to the Neurodegenerative Diseases Journal (NDD) published by S. Karger AG
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Abstract Topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific Theme, Topic and Sub-Topic. For a complete listing of abstract Themes, Topics and Sub-Topics, please click here.
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
(Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
Abstract layout - Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- References are not obligatory and word count is affected by inclusion of references.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS' DECLARATION
Step 4 of the abstract submission will ask you to declare the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her ("Content") to AD/PD 2013 and Kenes International (Hereafter: the "Organizers"), nor the publication of any such Content by the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a copyright license to reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the text of the Content on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant. Only abstracts of presenting authors who have registered by Thursday, January 10, 2013 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
The Committee will review all submitted abstracts. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the presenting author.
Only accepted abstracts of presenting authors who have paid their registration fees by Thursday, January 10, 2013 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.