We invite you to join us at the upcoming 11th International Conference on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases and related neurological disorders. The groundbreaking series of Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Diseases Conferences attract international medical and scientific professionals worldwide. The meeting is at the forefront of unravelling the mechanisms and improving the treatment of Alzheimer's, Parkinson's and other related neurodegenerative diseases. AD/PD Conferences uniquely combine distinct neurodegenerative diseases in one setting and examine their similarities and differences; a strong focus is mechanisms of disease, prevention and therapy.
The forthcoming AD/PD meeting, in 2013, will take place in Florence, Italy, one of the most exciting cities in Europe.
The continuing success of the AD/PD meetings is the result of several key ingredients:
- A high-quality scientific program covering most recent research, developments, and treatments, with emphasis on overlaps and congruent results among AD, PD and related neurological disorders.
- A multidisciplinary mix of participants representing both clinical investigators and basic scientists; as well as both established investigators and young upcoming talents.
- An International Scientific Advisory Board covering a broad range of expertise in AD, PD and related neurological disorders.
- A concerted attempt to provide an ambiance at the meeting, that encourages interaction, exchange of ideas and networking opportunities among all participants.
- Travel grants and various awards to junior faculty, postdoctoral fellows, and graduate students, intended to encourage attendance by young scientists at the congress.
The remarkable success of the series of AD/PD meetings is evident from the progressive increases from one congress to the next, in the number of participants to 2711 in Barcelona in 2011, the number of countries represented, and the ratio of individuals below the age of 35 to that of the rest of the group. At AD/PD 2013 in Florence we anticipate an attendance of more than 3000 participants.
The reason for this success is the uniqueness of the AD/PD meetings, their academic quality combined with the interactive and collegial environment. We believe that there is no other meeting in the world that presents such a high level of science in a condensed manner on one hand, yet on the other hand, provides an enormously comfortable atmosphere in which to enjoy it all.
We invite you to join us in the 11th International Conference on AD and PD, and we hope to welcome you in the Spring of 2013, in beautiful Florence.
President Vice-President Executive Organizer Executive Organizer
Avraham Fisher, Ph.D. Israel Hanin, Ph.D. Roger M. Nitsch, M.D. Manfred Windisch, Ph.D.