oral presentation guidelines
If using a PowerPoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a CD, a DVD or on a “disk on key” Memory stick (using the USB port in the computer) and load it on one of the conference’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room, at least 1 hour before the start of the session.
Please note that the conference computers in the session halls are being supplied with Office 2010.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Alternatively you may supply your own laptop computer. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC ).
3. Use a common movie format, such as AVI and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
Alternatively you may use your own Macintosh laptop computer. In such a case please confirm you provide it with a VGA adaptor for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please note that VHS Video projection, 35 mm’ slide projection and Overhead projection (projection of transparencies) will not be available.
poster presentation guidelines
Please note the following information regarding your presentation:
Posters may be mounted from 08:00 AM on your presentation day and should be displayed until the end of the next day.
Please note that posters will be presented in two shifts. If you mount your poster on the days that are not your specified presentation days, your poster will be removed. The organising committee will not be responsible for any misplaced posters.
Poster presenters are requested to stand next to their poster during coffee breaks and lunch breaks as indicated in the program for informal discussions/ questions regarding their work.
Please check the Final Program received upon registration to the conference for the number of the poster board allocated to you. Please use the board with the same number.
Posters may be prepared on one sheet (preferred method) or alternatively on several smaller sheets.
- The dimensions of the poster board are PORTRAIT style: 1m wide x 2.30m long. It is suggested that your poster be 90 cm wide by 120 cm tall.
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters.
- Double sided tape, tacks and technical equipment will be available for the mounting of posters. Staff will also be in the poster area to assist you.
- The Organising Committee will not be responsible for posters that are not removed by the end of the presentation day.