ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
We are proud to announce that over 1,100 abstracts were submitted for the ESPR 2009 Annual Meeting (a 30% increase over abstracts submitted for ESPR 2007). Authors will be notified June 15, 2009 regarding the status of their abstract.
Note: Only accepted abstracts of presenting authors who have paid their registration fees by Monday, July 6, 2009 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: Tuesday, April 14, 2009
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step
- Abstracts will be accepted as oral or poster presentations
- Abstracts submitted by fax will not be accepted
- Presenting authors must be registered participants
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by Monday, July 6, 2009 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in all printed material of the Meeting
- Abstracts must be original and must not have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the ESPR 2009 Meeting, with the exception of abstracts presented at the SPR (USA) on condition that these abstracts are not published in peer reviewed journal as an article
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study
- All studies must have been approved by institutional committees on ethics of experimental and human investigations
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s).
- Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
- Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract Categories and Topics - Abstracts must be allocated to a specific category and topic area for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category and topic most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories and submission topics please click here.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 50 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel.
You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. Consideration will be given to the author’s preference concerning poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors will be notified by June 15, 2009 regarding the status of their abstract.