Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: January 20, 2009
General abstracts submitted will be reviewed for poster presentation. Nano Israel 2009 will include an extensive poster session covering all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology. Accepted posters will be exhibited throughout the conference allowing for extended discussions of the presenters with the participants. Students are encouraged to present their latest work in this format and awards will be granted to the best posters.
Company presentation abstracts submitted will be reviewed and selected by the Scientific Committee for oral presentation. Accepted abstracts not allocated an oral slot will be scheduled for poster presentation.
Please follow the instructions listed below step-by-step.Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. Other file types cannot be accepted. Please note that images may need to be reduced for final printing.
- Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Registration must be received by February 17, 2009 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in conference publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract prior submission.
- All accepted abstracts will be published online (open access) prior and after the conference. A condition of submission is that you agree to such publication and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as submitted to NanoIsrael 2009.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
ABSTRACT PREPARATIONBefore you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone numbers
- Author and co-authors' details
· Full first and family name(s)
· Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (for example, J.J.C. Smith)
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 300 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended for the following reasons:
a: You will not be able to see the abstract after pressing the Submit button
b: You will not have a copy
c: You cannot check the number of words
- General abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
Company Presentation abstracts will need to complete the following data (text for each point is limited to 60 words):
· Business strategy and value proposition
· Core technology
· Pipeline and product profile
· Upcoming milestones and next steps
· Investment rational
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Abstract topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the topic most suited to your abstract. To preview the topics please click on the relevant abstract submission:
- Graphs/images/tables – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 50 words.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that draft abstracts MUST BE SUBMITTED BEFORE THE DEADLINE in order to be sent for review for inclusion in the scientific program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS