Call for Abstracts
|The abstract submission system is now closed.
Rules for Abstract Submission
Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed abstracts will not be considered. Please read the rules of submission before submitting your abstract.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university specific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the secretariat.
- Please note that all abstracts accepted for presentation will be published on the website prior to the congress.
- Only abstracts with results will be accepted for review. Results may be preliminary, and the final results can be updated in the poster.
- Submitted abstracts should include non-published data.
- The Programme Committee will review abstracts. Following this, information regarding acceptance, and scheduling will be sent to the abstract submitter. Instructions for preparation of posters and oral presentations will be sent together with the acceptance notification.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees will be scheduled and included in the Final Programme.
- Posters will be viewed during dedicated poster time in the programme and poster prizes will be awarded. Please note that poster prizes will be presented only to those who attend the closing ceremony where prizes are awarded.
Please confirm the following information when submitting your abstract:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programmes, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to Kenes International and MDPD (Hereafter: “The Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
The Abstract Submitter grants the Organisers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Presentation type
(Please note that consideration will be given to your preferred presentation type, however the final allocation will be determined by the reviewing committee)
- Poster presentation
- Oral Presentation
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
(Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
Abstract layout - Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- References are not obligatory; the maximum number that can be placed in an abstract is 3 (more can be included on the poster itself at time of presentation). The word count is not affected by inclusion of references.
- Abstract topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose up to 3 categories from the list of topics.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
Draft abstracts – The submission form in the link allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.