Submission of Abstracts
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS NOW CLOSED
Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed abstracts will not be considered. Please read the rules of submission before submitting your abstract.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the MASCC Journal Supportive Care in Cancer (Springer)
Rules for Submission
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts should be submitted only via the online submission link. Only abstract submitted via the website will be sent to review. If you If you do not have access to the internet, please contact the Symposium Secretariat.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an investigator may submit.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat, and of all communications thereafter.
- Once completing submission, you will receive confirmation that your abstract has been forwarded for review, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to the abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- The MASCC/ISOO Board will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation.
- Notifications of acceptance will be sent along with instructions on the preparation of posters and information regarding projection facilities and scheduling to the abstract submitter.
- The first author or a co-author is expected to attend the Symposium and present the poster.
- Only abstracts of authors, who have paid their Early Bird registration fee by April 13, 2011 will be scheduled for presentation.
- Only the abstracts of registered participating authors will be included in the program.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Upon submission, the Abstract Submitter confirms that the abstract has been previewed and that all information is correct, and accepts that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and is aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors' consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to MASCC/ISOO 2011 International Symposium and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- Upon submission the Abstract Submitter confirms that the contact details saved the system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
(Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added)
- Abstract layout - Abstracts must be submitted with the following sections:
- Abstract Topic - Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. To see the topics please click here.
Tables, Graphs and Images
- The submitter is allowed to upload one table, one image or one graph only. The uploading of a graph, table, or image counts for 50 words.
- A table of maximum of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Preparation of Presentations
Instructions for preparation of posters will be sent together with acceptance notifications, and available on the congress website closer to the Symosium date.
The Symposium program includes dedicated poster viewing time.