Preparation of posters
If using a Powerpoint (or any other computer) presentation, please note you need to bring it on a CD, a DVD or on a “disk on key” memory stick (using the USB port in the computer) and load it on one of the meetings’ computers in the Speakers’ Ready Room located near Hall A (follow “Speakers Ready Room” signs) at least 1 hour before the start of the session. You may supply your own laptop computer as a back-up.
If combining video films with PowerPoint, please make sure to check it in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session - even after checking it in the Speakers’ Ready Room.
Please note that the congress’ computers in the session halls are being supplied with Windows XP and Office 2003.
Important note for Macintosh users
In order to use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer please note that you need to prepare it according to the instructions below, before bringing it to the Speakers' Ready Room:
1. Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (special fonts might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint based PC).
2. Insert pictures as JPG files (and not TIF, PNG or PICT - these images will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
3. Use a common movie format, such as AVI, MPG and WMV (MOV files from QuickTime will not be visible on a PowerPoint based PC).
You may use your own Macintosh laptop computer as a back-up. In such a case please confirm that it has a VGA socket for external signal and come to check it first in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive and later on in the session hall where your lecture is taking place during the coffee or lunch break prior to your session, at least 30 minutes before the start of the session.
Please note that VHS Video projection, 35 mm’ slide projection and Overhead projection (projection of transparencies) will not be available.
All Abstracts scheduled for the Poster Viewing Shifts will be made available within the Online Scientific Planner shortly.
Each poster will be on display for 2 days on either March 15 and 16, or March 17 and 18, 2010. Poster presenters will need to check the final program to see the exact dates on which their poster is to be displayed as well as the poster board number assigned to their poster.
Posters should be mounted by 08:00 hours on the day on which they are scheduled to be presented and must be removed by the end of the viewing session on the same day.
Presenters are required to stand next to their designated poster board(s) for informal discussion during the morning and afternoon Coffee Breaks and during the Lunch break.
Posters should be brought to the Meeting by the authors. Please do not mail them to the Secretariat.
The organizers are not responsible for posters that have not been removed by the end of the sessions on the day in which they have been scheduled.
Certain posters have been selected for presentation in an elite Poster Presentation Session.
The 4 Poster Presentation Sessions will take place on:
- Monday, March 15 from 13:45-15:30
- Tuesday, March 16 from 14:30-16:15
- Wednesday, March 17, from 14:15-16:00
- Thursday, March 18, from 12:00-13:30
Please note that there are 3 parallel presentations in each session, consisting of a number of posters in each sessions. You may find your poster presentation of interest according to topic as mentioned in the chart below.
For the exact timing of each presentation, please refer to the on-site program.
Instructions for Poster Presenters
- Each presenter has been allocated 7 minutes to present his/her poster, with 4 minutes to present and 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
- In addition to the preparation of your poster, kindly prepare a presentation of up to 3 slides.
- Each presenter will be assigned a board number according to the session shifts.
- Presenters should be at their poster boards 15 minutes before the start of the poster presentation session and remain there until they have concluded their presentation.
Please note: The first 20 minutes of each day will be dedicated to a poster viewing, with poster presentations to follow. Kindly refer to the oral presentation instructions above for further information.
Preparation of Posters
- Please prepare your poster on one sheet of Bristol board or laminated paper.
Alternatively presenters may display their material on several smaller sheets.
- The dimensions of the poster board are: 1m wide x 2.30m long. It is suggested that your poster be 90 cm wide x 1.2m long. (Any longer, and it becomes difficult to see.)
- Allocate the top of the poster for the title and authors as stated on the submitted abstract.
- The text, illustrations, etc should be bold enough to be read from a distance of two meters (six feet).
- Tacks and technical equipment will be available for the hanging of posters.
Please refer to the Final Program for the poster board number assigned to your abstract. Please use the board with the same number.