ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
NOTIFICATION LETTERS WILL BE SENT APRIL 18, 2013
Guidelines for submission of abstracts
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details; include full mailing address, office hours phone number and email address and fax number
- Presentation type preference (poster presentation / oral presentation)
- Author or authors' names: initial(s) of first name(s), family name (e.g. J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details of all authors: Department; Institution / Hospital; City; State/Province (if relevant); Country
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and is limited to 25 words
- Table or graph which you wish to include in the abstract. Images should be submitted in JPG format and resolution up to 150dpi. The maximum file size of each graph is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words including acknowledgements (fewer if a figure is included in the abstract)
Abstracts should be as informative as possible and must use the following structured format:
- Background and aims
- Conclusions (avoid evasive statements like "the findings will be discussed".
Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
We recommend using word-processing software (for example Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended:
a: You will not be able to see the abstract after pressing the Submit button
b: You will not receive a copy of your abstract so please save your abstract according for your records
NOTE TO INVITED SPEAKERS
You will receive a link, via e-mail, to access the invited speaker abstract form.
Abstracts will be reviewed and assigned to appropriate sessions. Authors will be notified regarding abstract acceptance approximately two months after the submission deadline. Accepted abstracts will be published in an abstract book and on the congress Abstract CD.
Only a very limited number of abstracts will be scheduled for oral presentation while
a number of posters will be selected for poster symposia/walks which will include brief
oral presentations. Please indicate your preferred presentation type at the time of abstract submission.
Please Note: Inclusion in the Scientific Program is dependent on payment of registration fees by the early registration
deadline, May 8, 2013.
Disclosure of financial relationships, that the author(s) may have with any manufacturer/supplier of any
commercial products or services related to the work, must be indicated in the appropriate box on the online
abstract submission form. Disclosures will be included in the published version of the abstracts.
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE SAME ABSTRACT.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY FAX OR E-MAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.