LATE-BREAKING ABSTRACT SUBMISSION - DEADLINE EXTENDED!
Extended deadline: Tuesday, August 7, 2012
A late-breaking abstract should contain new information that was not yet known or fully available by the abstract submission deadline, April 30, 2012.
The data in the abstract must not be published prior to the Meeting.
Please note that late-breaking abstract submission is not a second chance for those who missed the official abstract deadline.
Notification regarding late-breaking abstract’s status (accepted or rejected) will be sent to the presenting author of the abstract by the end of August 2012.
Click here to submit your Late-Breaking abstract.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
"Regular" IGCS 2012 abstract submission is now closed. Notifications have been sent to authors.
Abstract Deadline: Monday, April 30, 2012
- PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MULTIPLE COPIES OF THE SAME ABSTRACT
- IGCS does not accept encore abstracts
- Abstracts submitted by email, fax, etc. will not be accepted
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstracts will be selected by the Scientific Program Committee for either oral or poster presentation. You may indicate your preference when submitting your abstract; however, the committee’s decision is final.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a supplement to the International Journal of Gynecological Cancer and subsequently will be available through Medline.
Guidelines for Preparation of Abstracts
- Title of abstract must be in upper case letters.
- Abstracts should contain no more than 250 words.
- Inclusion of images or tables will reduce the number of words allowed in the abstract body.
- The abstracts should be as informative as possible. Abstracts should clearly state background and aims, methods, results and conclusions of the study.
- Abstracts stating: “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the first occurrence of the full word.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- You will receive an acceptance message after submission.
Step By Step Instructions for Online Abstract Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Presentation type
- (Please note that consideration will be given to your preferred presentation type, however the final allocation will be determined by the reviewing committee)
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
- Video Presentation
- Oral Presentation - Young Investigator Presentation* (<40)**Authors submitting their abstract under the YI category will also have their abstract considered for presentation at the Young Doctors’ Summit.
** Authors of abstracts submitted under the YI category must submit a copy of their ID to email@example.com to verify age (<40 by October 13, 2012)
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words
- Abstract topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic for the Scientific Program. Please choose a topic from the list of topics.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 10 words. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG format only.
- If you have problems or questions concerning this system? Send us an e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Draft abstracts – The submission system allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Programme.