- The official language of ESPID is ENGLISH.
- ESPID is an independent non-profit scientific society.
- Press activities should not interfere with scientific activities during the meeting.
- The unique atmosphere and the identity of the ESPID meetings should remain untouched.
- Sponsors should not use an ESPID meeting for advertisement or promotional purposes other than agreed to in the contract between them and ESPID.
- There will be no official ESPID press conference in 2010.
- There will be no official ESPID Press office during ESPID 2010.
Press may register for the ESPID meeting free of charge by sending their registration reuqest, including full contact details and proper press credentials, to ESPID2010_reg@kenes.com. Press members will receive special badges at the onsite registration desk.
Photographs, Audio and Video Recording
Photographs as well as audio and video recordings are not permitted at the ESPID official meeting sessions. This regulation does not apply to the industry sponsored satellite symposia.
Photographs of activities during breaks, in the exhibition hall and walking area are permitted with the exception to poster halls.
Any data presented at ESPID 2010 will be under embargo from release by the press until after the presentation takes place (i.e. data presented in the morning can be released in the afternoon).
The data can be discussed prior to the presentation at on/off site press briefings but needs to stay under strict embargo as per condition above.
Abstracts are available to the press for viewing within the online scientific programme once published.
Press Activities that are not allowed
Interviews in the walking area, in the poster hall or in the lecture halls
INDUSTRY PRESS GUIDELINES
- Industry press activities may be conducted on/off site and should not coincide with any of scientific sessions. ESPID must be notified about any activity taking place off site by April 15th, 2010.
- There will be rooms available for rent by industry and their PR representatives at a set fee directly from the Congress Center.
- All industry press releases must be submitted to ESPID through …for approval not later than April 15th, 2010.
- Industry may present/discuss data during its symposium prior to the poster/abstract public presentation, but it should be made very clear to the audience that this discussion is made under embargo policy.
- If industry chooses to direct broadcasting of its sessions – it is upon its discretion if it does not violate the item 4 of present guidelines.
- Industry press office may have a sign on the door (“XXX company Media Information Center”), but no other directional signs or posters are allowed in the corridors.
- The decoration of press rooms hired by the industry can be done upon their discretion but no use of ESPID logo or reference to it are permitted
- Industry press packs and/or promotional materials relating to the press can be placed in the stands exhibition and /or at the press office and hospitality suite (if reserved). Material placed in other locations around the Congress Center (with the exception of the exhibitor’s stand) will be removed.
- ESPID media lists or lists of press attendees from former Meetings and events are not made available to the Industry or their communications representatives.
- The Press Conference Room can be booked by industry at specific requested times and restricted to press attendees and Industry press conference organizers (Industry officials and their PR/event management representatives) with the meeting secretariat.