Deadline for Late Breaker Abstract Submission: Thursday, March 1, 2012
Click here for more details and late-breaker abstract submission
THE GENERAL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail February 7, 2012 regarding the status of their abstract acceptance.
Deadline for Submission of Abstracts: Monday, January 16, 2012
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION, ESPID 2012
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step.
- Images, tables, diagrams, and graphs must be saved and uploaded as JPEG files. Other file types
cannot be accepted. Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed material.
- Abstracts submitted via fax will not be accepted.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official
- Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered participants. Registration must be received by the Secretariat
by February 15, 2012 to ensure inclusion of the abstract in the meeting publications and in order to be scheduled for presentation.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to
the 30th Annual Meeting of ESPID.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts over 250 words will not be accepted.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted as an oral presentation, an e-Poster presentation, or a poster presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before
submission to the Secretariat.
- ESPID will publish all accepted abstracts online (open access) for a period of at least 5 years. The abstract
published online will include the e-mail address of the presenting author. As a condition of submission,
ESPID requires you to agree to such publication and to surrender any copyright over the abstract as
submitted to ESPID.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster or oral presentation. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
2. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
3. The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content ("Content") provided to the 30th Annual Meeting of the European Society for Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organizers"). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights. The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
4. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
5. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
· Email address
· Full postal address
· Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
· Full first and family name(s).
· Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
· Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the
number of words.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
· Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word
appears the first time.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals.
- Abstract category – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need
to select the category most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories please click here.
- Tables – A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words.
A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is
600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make
changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial
products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee. Consideration will be given to the author’s preference concerning poster or oral presentation. Presenting authors will be notified via e-mail February 7, 2012 regarding the status of their abstract acceptance.
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Abstract Submission Deadline Extended to: Monday, January 16, 2012
THE GENERAL ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS CLOSED