BACKGROUND AND GENERAL RULES
- ESGO is an independent not-for-profit scientific society
- Press activities may not interfere with scientific activities during the meeting
- The official language of the meeting is English. Simultaneous translation will not be provided.
- The identity of the ESGO meetings should remain untouched
- Sponsors may not use a ESGO meeting for advertisement or promotional purposes other than agreed in the contract with ESGO.
- Members of the press may attend the ESGO congress on a complimentary basis while registration is requested.
- Embargo policy: Information in abstracts accepted for ESGO congress will be under embargo from release by the press until 11/10/09. Abstracts will be available to the press for viewing starting September 2009 at www.esgo.org/esgo16
- Press needs registration to the ESGO congress, valid press ID is required
- Press registration may register on site or at email@example.com .
- Press will receive a special badge
FACILITIES FOR PRESS
- A press room will be available
- Interviews in the press room
- Photographs of persons in the press room
- Photographs of activities during breaks, in the exhibition hall and walking area (does not apply to Industry)
- Official congress photograph is available upon request
- Press packs and/or promotional material related to press can be placed in the press office. Companies may place their press releases in the press room. Material placed in other locations around the Congress centre will be removed.
- Press activities may be conducted on site at the Sava Congress Centre in the following rooms available for press: Press Office and Press Conference Room.
- There will be a computer, laptop connections and printer provided in the press office available for press representatives in the Press Office
- A member of staff dedicated to the Press Office will be available throughout the Congress period. This staff member will be responsible for badge-checking, the general upkeep of the room and answering press enquiries. This staff member will not be responsible for the press related tasks such as photocopying or secretarial duties.
- Coffee and refreshments will be provided in the press office at no extra charge for the press attendees and for their sole use only.
- ESGO Society Press releases will be available in the press room.
Press room hours
Sunday, October 11 19:00-21.00
Monday, October 12 9:00-17:30
Tuesday, October 13 9:00-17:30
Wednesday, October 14 9:00-17:30
- Interviews in the walking area, in poster rooms or in the lecture hall (exclusively in the press room)
- Photographs, audio or video recordings and any broadcasting are not permitted at the ESGO official meeting sessions. This regulation does not apply to industry sponsored satellite symposia.
- Hidden reporting
INDUSTRY PRESS GUIDELINES
- Industry press activities may be conducted on-site at the Sava Congress centre available for hire by industry and their PR representatives at a set fee. Reservation of rooms via ESGO16 Secretariat is at firstname.lastname@example.org is obligatory.
- Industry press packs and/or promotional materials relating to press can be placed in the stands exhibition and /or at the press office and hospitality suite (if reserved). Material placed in other locations around the Congress centre (with the exception of the exhibitor’s stand) will be removed.
- Companies may not place a press release prior to discussion of the relevant topic / product in the satellite symposium and/or oral or poster session
- Posters (one) announcing press meetings and invitations to press meetings may be placed in the press room only.
- There will be a computer and printer provided in the Press Office but the Press representatives invited by the industry are requested to leave this free for the free press attendees for whom it is provided.
- ESGO media lists or lists of press attendees from former Congresses and events are not made available to the Industry or their communications representatives.
- Photography: Only the official Congress photographer may take photographs in the exhibit hall.
- Press releases by companies must be received for approval by ESGO Officers not later than 15 days before the beginning of the congress (requests to be sent to ESGO Administrative office at email@example.com )
- Press meetings should be organized exclusively via the Meeting Secretariat at the Press Conference Room.
- The Press Conference Room is a hall designated for the organization of press conferences and press briefings relevant to the Congress.
- The Press Conference Room can be booked by industry at specific requested times and restricted to press attendees and Industry press conference organizers (Industry officials and their PR/event management representatives) with the Meeting secretariat.
- Press Conference Room specifications, Facilities and Price will be sent upon request.
- Rental of the Industry Press Conference Room can be booked through ESGO16 Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
All queries regarding the Press Office should be directed to the ESGO Secretariat at email@example.com .