ABSTRACT DEADLINE EXTENDED TO THURSDAY, APRIL 16
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
Please follow the instructions listed in this website step-by-step
- Abstracts can be submitted for oral or poster presentations
- Abstracts submitted by fax will not be accepted
- Presenting authors must be registered participants
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by Monday, May 11, 2009 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in all printed material of the conference
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Work submitted for presentation must include an acknowledgement of funding sources of commercial nature and/or consulting or holding of significant equity in a company that could be affected by the results of the study
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author's contact details
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors' details
- Full first and family name(s).
- Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title - limited to 20 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – limited to 300 words, including acknowledgements.
(Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended for the following reasons:
a: You will not be able to see the abstract after pressing the Submit button
b: You will not have a copy
c: You cannot check the number of words
- The abstract should be as informative as possible:
a) state specific object of study
b) state method used, if pertinent
c) summarise results obtained
d) state conclusions reached
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word appears the first time.
- Abstract Topics - Abstracts must be allocated to a specific topic area for the scientific program. You will need to select the topic most suited to your abstract. To preview the categories and submission topics please click here.
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 50 words.
The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel.
You may upload graphs and images in JPEG format only.
- Draft abstracts – The submission form at the link below allows you to store your abstract as a draft in order to make changes. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
All abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific program committee. Consideration will be given to the author’s preference concerning poster or oral presentation.
Presenting authors will be notified by April 27, 2009 regarding the status of their abstract.
All accepted abstracts will be included on a CD Rom which will be distributed to participants.